Sunday, July 17, 2011

CocoRosie - Fairy Paradise


I feel so silly. I've just started this blog and I cannot for the life of me think of anything to write about lately. I could force it-but I'm afraid I'll just read it later and feel like I made up some stuff and tried my best to put it eloquently and...that's gross...and not me. 
So..this is obviously a MUUUSIICC BLOOOGGG DAAAAY!! I will post some of my favorite artists. It's easy on me, and gives you a chance to get to know me a little better and hopefully hear something new and beautiful(lucky beans:P)!

First, you will see Fairy Paradise by CocoRosie. I've loved them for so long. They are sisters who were split up and found eachother in Paris. Seirra(the one playing the harp) trained to be an opera singer in Paris while Bianca(the one who sings the majority of the song) spent that time with her Native American father. They got together, took some drugs religiously, and made some of the best music I've ever heard.

Next, is Needle In The Hay by Elliott Smith. The song is obviously very good, but I mostly posted this clip as a follow up to my earlier post. Just an example of the imagery I cannot get out of my head lately. This clip is from The Royal Tennenbaums. I know it's bleak and maybe a little disturbing, but it's so very beautiful too!(Luke Wilson is also very nice to look at(you're welcome))....and it's my 3rd most favorite scene in cinematic history. Maybe I'll share my first two favorites with you in my next post:) ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Remember..."It's not that I'm old, your music really does suck." ??
    Doesn't apply this time...ethereal, and Whoa- they're also beyond beautiful. Did they really find one another after they had grown? Great story. And, love the park benches in the video.

    I never got the Royal Tenenbaums, and that still stands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently downloading cocrosie's discog:) good stuff.
    and AHHHHH I love this scene of tenenbaums. Richie just catches margot with Eli. It's got a romeo-juliet feel to it. A very tragic love, but one is this case that we are not sure is unrequited until margot shows up at the hospital. I think anderson does a really good job of making this gruesome seen bearable. Also, I think the scene is kinda meant as a turning point for the film. Richie, Royal's favorite child because he always respected and obeyed his father (by playing tennis, etc) is very much a pushover. He seems to be the only one that can stand the family's crazy antics, posibly the only normal Tenenbaum. I think Richie's attempted suicide was a means of expressing the deep, dark feelings he has been bottling up. Immeadiately after, the family all rush to the hospital which is a nice gesture and probably one of the main themes of the film: "We may be nuts, but we love each other". LOVE this movie!
    nice post lil;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, yeah. Their parents separated and their mom sent them off to different schools. Sierra stayed and bianca took off and lived with her dad who lived a native American lifestyle and was very spiritual. They found eachother in Paris and made their first album in a bathroom:) Bridget, I agree! Anderson goal after telling the whole strange story was to show that they were in fact a family and were capable of behaving as such and were able to be there for one another after all. I love richie bc he seems so innocent. And he has pure feelings. And he was the only one who knew how to love his family all along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the way Bianca uses her voice shows her Native American heritage. I love it. Sometimes it sounds strange but when you can watch her sing it you see that she's really using her voice as an instrument and not just trying to sound pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete